Getting Professional Help with Transmission Problems in Charlotte, NC
Regardless of the make and model, the transmission system in all vehicles is very similar. Sure, there are some differences between a manual and automatic system, as well as front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, four-wheel drive, hydraulic, and computer controlled systems, but for the most part, the transmission performs much the same task. Therefore, no matter what type of vehicle that you drive, if a problem develops, you can always count on the professionals at Twin Transmission.
Using state-of-the-art diagnostic testing, our mechanics have the ability to make appropriate repairs, whether for a minor or major problem. However, prior to needing our services, there are a few things that you can do to identify when something is wrong with the transmission. With early detection, there is a good chance that the problem can be fixed quickly and for little money, as opposed to it becoming a major and expensive issue.
- Leaked Transmission Fluid – One of the most common problems and the easiest to detect is fluid leaking from the transmission. In this case, all you need to do is check beneath your vehicle once or twice a month where you park. If the transmission is leaking, you would clearly see a dark, wet spot. By bringing your vehicle to us at Twin Transmission, this is something that can be taken care of relatively easy.
- Jerking Motion – If you feel a jerking motion when you start to drive your vehicle, this too could indicate a problem with the transmission. For some reason, many people continue driving, which obviously leads to more damage being done. Instead of ignoring this, it is important to have a correct diagnosis made. Usually, the problem is that the power going to the wheels in order for the vehicle to move forward is inadequate.
- Gears That Slip – The various transmission problems in Charlotte, NC, seen by the mechanics at Twin Transmission include slipping gears. Obviously, when the gears slip, driving becomes nearly impossible. Although this problem is frustrating, our mechanics have the expertise to make an appropriate repair.
- Check Engine – As soon as the check engine light comes on, most people think of the worst-case scenario. Although this illuminated light can indicate that something major is wrong with the vehicle, it can also indicate something insignificant. Rather than guess, have one of our mechanics perform diagnostic testing to identify the underlying issue.
- Turning Issues – If the wheels are turned but the vehicle itself will not turn, this could be a transmission-related problem. By performing a diagnosis, our mechanics can determine exactly what is going on.
Transmission problems in Charlotte, NC, are common for all types of vehicles. The goal is to detect a potential issue early on so that our mechanics at Twin Transmission can do a professional diagnosis and make the appropriate repair before things worsen.